Friday, March 27, 2009

Our home....


We thought we might share some pictures of the beautiful place where we live... Coeur d Alene, Idaho. Click on the picture to make it bigger.

Jim went out and snapped a few this morning and left me to do the rest!!! We live a few blocks away from Lake Coeur d Alene. A short walk in the summer - which is very nice when it is wicked hot out. As you can see - no more snow (except the cute pic of Fox)!!! Let's hope it stays that way!!!! Whoo hoo!!!

It is a resort town and the summers are popping downtown most every weekend. Which is why we live several blocks from the main drag(too busy). Generally when you see sculptures in the park of salmon, moose and eagles - you might be in the North West. Don't get me started on.... you know you live in North Idaho if....

12 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

What a gorgeous area to live in Sarah!!

I have a former love who's office is in Rathbone, somewhat near there.

jane augenstein said...

Beautiful!!! Love the largest picture of the pine and lake!

Kathleen Coy said...

Very pretty, Sarah! Looks like a great place to raise a family. :-)

Foolish Notions Vintage said...

Sarah, how beautiful it is there. As soon as I master photography, I am going to post some photos lol. Your blogs are always inspiring me to do something!
hugs,
Heather

Anonymous said...

The photos are truly beautiful Sarah.

Daria said...

I've always heard Coeur d Alene is beautiful ... how fortunate are you to be living in such a beautiful community.

Good for you.

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Some things are just best left alone :-)

Anonymous said...

WOW! What a gorgeous place to live! Lucky you!
xoxoxo

Sara said...

Beautiful pictures. We travel down that way now and then. Gorgeous!

Christine said...

I thought you lived further North. My neice went to college at North Idaho last year. She is in Cour d Alene as we speak. She is visiting a former college bud. They are driving down here to spend the rest of spring break.

I went up there to pick her up last year. My sis thought maybe she would have accumulated enough stuff to need my truck. Did she ever!!! She moved her there with her Camry, the driver and 2 passengers. We had the my full size pickup stacked to the roof and the backseat full with just enough room for her to sit.

You do live in a beautiful place. I wish we would have had a little more time there. We did spend an evening all the way through sunset driving around the lake. I'm definately going back there sometime!!!

Blessings,
Christine

Heather said...

I think that's where my cousin lives. I would have to go look in my address book. It looks very beautiful but I don't know how you handle the cold!

Elizabeth said...

How beautiful! I've never been to Idaho but would love to visit. Landscape and physical beauty is so important to all of us -- for our art, our writing, our identity. Thank you so much for all of your kind comments of late on my blog. I wanted to answer you about the I Ching but couldn't find an email. Please feel free to email me if you'd like: elsophie@gmail.com. The ancient Chinese oracle is just so cool and amazing --