Saturday, March 14, 2009

Going to the Rock Show....



The Sullivan clan had a wonderful Saturday family outing!! As we do not have a car - having a family outing out of or town is rare indeed!! One of my preschool Mom's loaned us her car - another wonderful surprise!! THANK YOU Cathy!! So we packed up everyone and headed over to Spokane for the day. That day was filled with wonderful rocks, gems and beads!! We all came home with some fun treasures!! Jim found some wonderful new mineral specimens for his collection. I found some great deals on some wonderful gemstone beads. The kids found lots of tumbled rocks and fun carved beads to make things of. All in all we all had a wonderful day - topped off with a trip to McDonald's - which we seldom get to do!! So here is a pic of Nonni in front of one of the displays and a pic of my stash!!!! Hope everyone had a wonderful day too!!
Sarah

12 comments:

Kathleen Coy said...

Ooo, sounds like a great day, and love the pretties you found. :-)

Unknown said...

Oh Sarah....sounds like a wonderful family outing. Best treasures are the ones made out of a family experience, and found. Love the rose quartz....recently got 5 lil rose quartz elephants at this lil in Austin..called The Herb Bar...if u put a light under them and then turn the lights off its glows green...so awesome...

Smiles,

Sonia ;)

Anonymous said...

What a lovely day! And in one of my favorite cities! Great loot you scored, girlfriend! When will you be "pimping" it???
xoxoxo

Pease Porridge said...

Sounds like you had so much fun. My son brings me rocks from our woods everyday for me to wash and see some sparkle that somehow he saw when he picked it up. ;) I bet he would love to go to a rock show. Love your new finds.
Jennifer

A Palmer said...

You are getting another award girl! Please stop by my blog (as you faithfully do) and pick it up.

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Oh, I love gem and mineral shows!! Lucky you!!

Julia Guthrie said...

Oh fantastic! There's nothing like appreciating a car when you don't have one is there? (we do..but didn't have one for a few yrs. And it's not fun when it goes to the car doctors! lol)

I love rocks & gems & things, there's something about them. I should post pics of my ever expanding collection:)

So glad you had a lovely day :)

Daria said...

What a nice family outing ... and treasures to boot.

Halloween Spirit said...

Sure glad you had a good time!
Cindy

Suzanne said...

My boys love rocks and gems. Sounds like you had a great time with your family! Love all your new treasures.

Renee said...

Oh my God, Nonni is exactly what I need right now. I tried to eat her up through the screen.

Fantastic Sarah.

xoxoxo

Your pal always. Renee

The Witches Room said...

Sarah, You mention in this post that you do not have a car. I have to ask-how do you do your shopping, errands etc? I'd love to know. Simplicity in life is constantly something I strive for.