Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Of Smoking Computers and Wonderful Hikes....


K....last weekend my computer rolled over put it's little legs up in the air and died. Quick, very little drama and took all my pictures and documents with it. I will be honest..I had not had time to back them up of late...I am paying the price. Panicking in a huge way...I rushed to the rent a center and got myself a replacement. It was nice I could..I got a good deal. But....then there was the loading of programs and printers and camera programs..sigh. Of course my new little beast is a bit temperamental still. Needing a bit of wrangling and loving attention. We will make peace with each other in good time. So for now...I am pictureless..I have to float around and steal back my photos from several places here on line..ackkkkkk! But am feeling blessed to have been able to be back online with a new computer.

Jim was able...finally to get back home for a few days!!! Whoot! So last week was completely taken up with visiting with Papa and doing Father's day BBQ etc.. Was good to see him home..we missed him so!! We hope he will be back again sooner than last time!!!



I am on vacation this week..another WHOOT. So I took the kids on a hike. We are close to the lake and next to that is a large..well..hill. Tubbs Hill. About a three mile hike around it. The trail overlooks the lake..really is like being in the woods! I love that! Only a short mile from our house and into the woods you go!! I love where I live!! I really do. We had a good time.


Believe it or not I got a little work done too!! Some fun gloves..I love yellow (these are in my Etsy Shop). I also completed a commission piece which was dear to my heart!!




Hoping your week is going well too!! Happy Summer Solstice!!
Namaste, Sarah

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Summer solstice blessings to you all! Enjoy your holiday week!

Jordan said...

Yayy for daddy being home!! <3 :) So glad you got to enjoy Father's day :)

Awwwwww, that stinks about your computer :[
I have soooooo much things on mine- I can't afford to have it die!! :)

xoxo Jordan

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Happy Summer Solstice to you too!

Joanna Jenkins said...

Yahoo for Jim being home!!!! I'm so happy you all got to be together for Father's Day :-)

As for the computer-- Yikes! I hate when that happens. Hope it all works out and you are able to gather up your gorgeous photos.

Love the commissioned piece. It's really outstanding.

xoxo jj
PS Stop by, I'm having a giveaway.