Thursday, October 22, 2009

A Special Award..Thank you!


Sonia and Pam both send me this amazing award. Thank you both so very much!! I am touched by this one created by Ces. Ces seldom creates without deep meaning..here is what she said about this one....

So today I am planting another tree. The Quercus shumardii or Shumard Oak. It is a handsome large tree with straight axis and broad, rounded open crown. It withstands strong hurricane winds, extreme heat, is tall and straight and just plain beautiful. It fits it's honoree, my dearest sisterfriend Deborah, poet, friend, not just a mother but a soldier's mother too. Oh, the sleepless nights, the anxiety and worries, yet she is perpetually pleasant and cheerful, kind and gentle, diplomatic and tactful. She exudes courage, hope and faith. To her son Pfc. Ryan and his fellow soldiers: I am grateful to you for making it possible for me to blog freely, sleep soundly and speak openly. Thank you! I stand by your mother and hold her hand as she awaits your safe return home.

Deborah, the honor is mine. You have enriched my life in such a short period of time. You inspire me and encourage me. Thank you very much!

I have more trees to plant but rest assured those who have virtual trees and acorns planted and distributed in their honor have one common virtue, they are loyal friends regardless of race, creed, political affiliations and geography. Here, I honor womanhood and friendship and there is nothing more wondrous a blessing for anyone than for a friend who came and never left your side. Someone like Deborah.

You have those friends, please share this award with them. I am honored to plant my acorns..I'm touched that I received this one from Sonia..my ducky girl and Pam both whom I adore!! Thank you..I will lovingly pass this on in no particular order to....

Renee
Sherry
Holly
Dede
Tabitha
Snap
Robert
Suzie
Tabitha
Barb
Anne
Alicia
Claire
Bonnie
Debra

13 comments:

Emmy said...

Congrats, you deserve this!

Snap said...

WOW. First congratulations on receiving this very special award. I don't know what to say, Sarah! Thank you for passing it on to me. I'm humbled and delighted at the same time. I do love you dear friend. Hugs!!!

Dede said...

Congratulations, you so deserve this award! Thank you for passing this beautiful award on to me. I am truly humbled and honored. Thank you my friend!

(((HUGS)))

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Congratulations, Sarah! What an appropriate award for you, who so understands the meaning and value of friendship. And I feel so honoured that you passed it on to me! Wow! And it just so happens that there's also an Honest Scrap Award waiting for you over at my blog. We were both thinking of each other at the same time!

Holly said...

My first blogging anniversary and an award on the same day?! I'd stay and talk more, but I'm going to dash out and buy a lottery ticket!

I love you! Thanks very, very much.

Renee said...

Boy oh boy I have the biggest lovefest going for you.

Love Renee xoxox

Suecae Sounds said...

Thank you for this award, your blog continues to be an inspiration for me and I am sure that I am not alone in this.

I'm sending you a 'virtual' hug in return. :)

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Congratulations Sarah. Can't think of anyone who deserves it more.

Thank you for passing it on to me - and so lovingly. It means even more because it comes from you.

(((hugs)))

Tabitha the KnittingJourneyman said...

I am so honored--I think I might cry...and you have no idea how very much that particular tree means to me...thank you ...

Suzie said...

Wow! What a nice surprise! I've been away from my computer today, and decided to catch up on my favorite blogs.

I am humbled and honored that you include me with all of these wonderful women, and yourself!

This is a beautiful award, with beautiful meaning, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Hugs & love,
Suzie

A Palmer said...

Thank you for the award, Sarah. Big hug coming your way.

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

Do you know how blessed I am to call you a friend? I am truly honored that you have passed this on to me....an award with roots that can grow. Thank you, Sarah..for being you..a friend who has not left my side either!

Unknown said...

Oh my I am so far behind on your blog I just saw this!! Thank you Sarah! It's an honor! I will put it on my blog tonight!!