Saturday, February 7, 2009

My "Studio" -Take a Peek...



I do so adore looking at where everyone does their art!! I can't say I have a studio per say - but I guess I have a workspace. It doubles as a classroom, dinner table, craft spot etc etc. I love this old farm table - it's been lovingly refurbished by one of my preschool Mom's Rebecca! Heavy and huge & it has a leaf in the middle that pops up.
I also bartered this wonderful dresser from her. Which is stuffed with art supplies!





I thought I would show you what my son, Fox (10) is up to these days - as he is always drawing or sculpting something. We go through huge amounts of Sculpty clay here - lol. Not to mention reams of paper. This is his "Anubite - minion of Anubis" - he is into Egypt at the moment!!!

10 comments:

Renee said...

Sarah -- Fox's art is amazing. He is 10? Did you help him ha ha.

I love your work area. I can't believe how clean you are, I thought you would be more sloppy like me.

Love Renee

Kathleen Coy said...

I love seeing your work space, thanks for sharing that. And Fox has got some talent for sure. Wow! :-)

Gina said...

I love seeing where everyone works too! You have inspired me to go clean up my area... and get the dog kennels out of there! Fox is a great artist. My 10yr old is starting to show a real interest in art too.

Danielle Barlow said...

Love seeing your work space. I have an official studio - but it's way too messy and cold out there so I still take over the kitchen table!

Jen said...

Love your work space! of course you can use what I posted on my Blog~ :)

Unknown said...

Wow, wish i had everything so organized. my stuff is stuffed everywhere. I started out on the dining room table and art supplies were in the antique buffet and large antique desk we have. LOL my husband used to say is this a dining room or a Michaels...Looks nice...

Smiles,

Sonia ;)

Sarah Sullivan said...

LOL Sonia!!! Thanks all - Fox said thank you too! I'm guessing I would be messy- but I have preschoolers here all week and it all has to be away or they use it - lol!

Barbara said...

You look very organized. It is always nice having a desinated space for your projects. Hope your weekends a good one. Smiles B

Anja said...

Hi, there!
Oh, Egyptian pictures are so prefect for 10-years old, I guess. They have those straight serious lines that boys love o much in this age - I can see boys at school drawing nothing but robots, mytological knights and soldiers only with strait lines.

Lovely working place :o) I have a special room but I always ended up on diningroom table.

GlorV1 said...

I like your studio. I've been cleaning mine up. I just had my mom's old chandelier put up. I come via Rene's blog. Just passing through. Nice blog. Take care.