Thursday, January 15, 2009

Precious Things!


I recieved a box in the mail yesterday full of things that I thought were lost to me. Suffice it to say - they were found after ten years of being stored away. The brown box is full of my Mother's and Grandmother's recipes- both have passed on!! The mice (who I adore- Wee Forest Folk) were gifts from my older children when they were small. The purple Hippo - lol was made by my 16 year old Hanna when she was in Kindergarten! There were also family pictures - some of me at 20 - wow - I'm getting old - lol. Anyway - it was a rich blessing that I did not expect!! It made my day!!

4 comments:

Heart of a Cowgirl said...

That is so cool! What a wonderful surprise to get in the mail. Little family treasures are the best.

~M. said...

How cool!

Robin's Egg Bleu said...

What a treasure! It's amazing the most simple things become the most precious and irreplaceable to us. That's so wonderful that these made their way back to you.

Unknown said...

That's wonderful Sarah! The older you get the more the little things like that mean to you! My computer room is full of little things that are my treasures!