Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Wishcast Wednesday


Jamie our wishcast Goddess has asked us...What do we wish for your body?.... this morning. Now this is a seemly simple question. I could say that I want it to be like it was when I was 25. I think realistically short of lots of surgical work mainly on the boobs....not gonna happen. Seriously even though I don't look "perfect" anymore, Jim seems to be fine with me just the way I am now. Nice thing that!!!

So... what do I really want, down in my heart at 48? I want to be able to keep doing yoga and meditation. I want my body & mind to be healthy for the next 45 or so years. I would like to be one of those amazing women who is still doing yoga at 80+. I want to be able to provide it with good health care as needed.

I would like to loose about 30 lbs so I feel better and it causes less stress on my body. There was a time that weight loss for me was just cosmetic. When you have a baby at 43 you discover the joys of how very hard it is to take weight off anymore. I'm working at it!!! I don't have any interest in being "thin", healthy would work for me.

I would dearly like to get my teeth fixed as much of my dental work from 20 years ago is not so happy anymore and needs attention. I am very aware that tooth issues create other issues.

So I guess my wish is to remain healthy and get my current issues in hand before they turn into more serious ones. Yup that is about it I think. Namaste, Sarah

27 comments:

Holly said...

That is it, and that is everything. Sarah, my Aunt is in her 90's...and while she can't do all the poses anymore, she still does her Yoga most days!

As Sarah and her smile wishes for herself, so I lovingly and with intention wish for her also.

Anonymous said...

Love the boobs comments! Too funny! Did you ever see (on Dateline, I think) the 8o something African American woman who continues to run marathons, cycle, walk countless kilometers (sorry - miles!) every day. She looks like she is in her late 30's! Very inspirational, that one!

And still, I sit on my sofa and eat ice cream!

I received a lovely card in the mail a couple of days ago....I love it!
Thank you sweet, sweet friend!
xoxoxo

aurbie said...

I am 61 and I have been yoga for over 30 years. I honestly think, when I fell in that hole the other day, that had I not been doing yoga and eating veg food for all that time I would have broken my ankle instead of sprained it.

Great post. Loved the photo.

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

As Sarah wishes for herself, so I, Carmen wish for her also!

Anonymous said...

As Sarah wishes for herself, so I wish for her also!

I pray and believe your every wish will come true sweet friend!!

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

My dear kind friend! We have the same wishes! I understand totally.

As Sarah wishes for herself, so I wish for her also!

In light and love~

Judi said...

As Sarah wishes for herself, so I also wish for her a healthy body.

LissaL said...

Although one my BFF's is trying to teach me yoga ,the only pose I am truly good at is the Madonna "Vogue"
May you always be healthy and happy!


As Sarah wishes for herself, so I wish for her also!

Tabitha the KnittingJourneyman said...

Bingo. Said perfectly.

As Sarah wishes for herself I whole-heartedly wish for her as well.

BTW_I am loving watching your art evolve--it is so --tremendous and gratifying and inspirational.
Thank you for being you.

sema said...

As sarah wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

clairedulalune said...

As Sarah wishes for herself I wish for her also! I think Lissa is right, Maddonna's Vogue is a yoga pose! So im set! Best of luck honey, and that fact that we want to change or evolve is half the battle!

Kathleen Coy said...

Love your wishes Sarah, they sound so similar to mine. Here's to doing yoga for the next 40 years!

Melinda said...

As Sarah wishes for herself, so I wish for her also!

Unknown said...

As Sarah wishes for herself I wish for her as well! May you health be vibrant~

Renee said...

These are wonderful wishes Sarah.

Is there a program or something you can get your teeth done through. I don't know about the States but in Canada it is one arm and half a leg to get teeth done.

Love Renee xoxo

Rose said...

As Sarah wishes for herself, so i wish for her too!

Thank you for your kind thoughts! *grin*

Sara said...

As Sarah wishes for herself, so I wish for her as well.

Wonderful wishes, and may they all come true. Here is too healthy and strong bodies as we get older.

xx

Snap said...

As Sarah wishes, so I wish for her. I laughed at the boobs comment and wouldn't most of us like to take off 30 (or more) lbs! Liking ourselves is the most important. Next, moving the old body so that it can keep moving!

Joy to You, My Dear.

Becky said...

When we have good health, we have everything! To your continued good health...
Love & Light~
OM girl

Tori said...

As Sarah wishes for herself, so I wish for her also!

Jamie said...

As Sarah wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Rebekah said...

As Sarah wishes for herself, so I wish for her also. :)

Christine said...

I'm sure that if you keeping going the way you are, you'll still be healthy in 45 years!!!

Blessings,
Christine

Genie Sea said...

As Sarah wishes for herself, so I wish for her also!

I can see you know, a spry 80 something doing the downward dog like no one's business! :)

Kim said...

Great post Sarah, and I smiled too at the boobs comment :)

As Sarah wishes for herself, so I wish for her also, with love and light

Kim x

Anonymous said...

As sarah wishes for herself, so I wish for her also!

Haha! LOVE this post!
xo

Anonymous said...

as sarah wishes for herself, so i wish for her also