Thursday, June 11, 2009

Alicia's Photo Challenge



Its official, it has been all about the photos this week. I have joined Alicia's Photo Challenge!! In hopes of learning a bit about photography. I do love a challenge & a challenge with the camera... well that just spelled way too much fun for me. I can't wait to go off and see what lovely pictures everyone else did.

So... the challenge was...Lighting .. playing with it and seeing how it effected your shots etc.... given I am new at all of this... really spent a great deal of time this week taking mainly outside shots. I focused on bright, filtered and full shade. I did some inside work, flash and not - but realized later they were of my kiddos who's pictures I do not post here. So... I did a collage of my favorites, but the top single shot was my favorite, done in filtered light. She works at this sweet little shop in our town and was kind enough to let me take several shots of her - isn't she just beautiful!!!!

I added a frame, but did not photoshop the picture I think that's why I was so pleased with the shot. Thanks for popping by and lookin'....Sarah

16 comments:

Alicia said...

She is beautiful! I love your collage! My other favorites are the one of the Cat, and the tree leaves just next to it! Great job! Thanks for participating!

Emmy said...

Very nice! I also love the cat one, the color of the leaves with the light is just magical. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Holly said...

Sarah! I'm not sure why I'm so impressed, because I know how extremely talented you are, but none the less, I'm really impressed.

This is lovely. It feels like a summer day. Really nice.

Tammie Lee said...

Wonderful series of photos, so lovely!

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

Oooh! I love this collage! Great job! Have fun!!!

Unknown said...

Wow Sarah...awesome...ur one talented lady...Hugs and quacks

Smiles,
Sonia ;)

Suecae Sounds said...

The portrait of Kirsten really captures a quality in her that is quite special for someone who has just started out. I really like the series of pictures as well. Photography is the art of capturing light, and that is exactly what you did right here.

Thank you for sharing.

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

Very nice...especially with the bright flowers in the background and the shadows. I really like the leaves in your collage..for a challenge, you sure did shine!

Sarah Sullivan said...

Aw thanks guys...it really is too much fun!

Christine said...

They are beautiful. My next fav is the ketty!

Blessings,
Christine

Tawnya Torres said...

Hey Sarah, I love all your pics. Sorry to hear about your husband. Hope it isn't what you are fearing. It is really something difficult to deal with. Even if he does have it, accept him for who he is. It is something that he didn't ask for. You have to be strong. It will be a struggle but just remember that you love him for who he is, not what he has! If you ever need to talk, feel free to email me tkglenn2002 at yahoo dot com I eventually want to write a book about people who have spouses with PTSD. Good luck and great job!

David and Audrey said...

Very nice! I also like the one of the cat.

Anonymous said...

Sarah, the pictures are fantastic! Isn't it fun getting involved in all of these other things? I am joining Gordon and J9 in their Whatzit contests - that will be a fun little challenge for me! Can't wait to see your pics tomorrow!
xoxoxo

Snap said...

She is gorgeous ... well done! Love the kitty and puppy!

Dianie said...

Sarah,
You definately have another talent!
Your pictures are perfect:)
My favorite is the sweet kitty and the happy little dog. They are all wonderful.
~ Have a great weekend
~Diane

Nai said...

I love all your pics. Especially the canopy one. Just brilliant!