Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Alicia's Photo Challenge #2


For a closer view, click on the picture.

This week on Alicia's photo challenge, we were to get close up!!! Close up and get all the little details and none of the extra "stuff". So I spent the week getting close up to most everything. The kids thought this was great fun. "Miss Sarah....I found a spider for you." My kiddos love their bugs - so here are a few close up shots from this week. My very favorite was this one..Fox holding the Grass Spider he caught in a jar(we did let him go). I know...lots of you will go...Eeeeewwwwww. My son is a budding entomologist and all our preschoolers love them too so...it's my fault, I'm a science geek. Do you see the lovey heart on this spider, perfectly shaped. Look at those legs - wowza sooo long!!!

Here is a close up of Lucy Lu's sweet eye....I liked this one too.


One last one I loved..Fox's darling eye, so blue.....

20 comments:

Emmy said...

Wow! That spider shot is crazy!! Love the smile, the spider.. AWESOME shot! Very creepy too :)
I have never tried close up of eyes like that! Love the one of the dog.
Great pictures!

Alicia said...

Great shots Sarah! The spider one is a little creepy... I think mostly because those legs are soooo long!I love how you caught his smile in the background! Eyes are fun to photograph! Thanks for participating!

Renee said...

Sarah these are fantastic.

You are awesome at taking pictures. I love Fox's eye and the spider one should be entered in some kind of contest.

Love to you my dear dear Sarah.

Love Renee xoxoxo

Renee said...

Just noticed the picture of the clan and wow you are all gorgeous.

Stunning looking family.

Love Renee xoxoxo

Kerri said...

The eyelashes in the last photo are amazing! Great shots Sarah and thanks for introducing me to the challenge. I look forward to the weeks to come.

David and Audrey said...

Good job! I really like the one of the dog.

Unknown said...

Sarah.....I love the spider and eyeball shots....Ur a natural photographer.

Quack
Sonia ;)

Nai said...

Great photos. glad someone else put a dog pic in too. Your son does have STUNNING EYES.

Snap said...

Wonderful photos ... love them all ... I like spiders, too! The eyes ... wow! Good stuff! You go girl!

Kathleen Coy said...

Very cool, I actually really like spiders. :-)

Becky said...

Love all your close-ups!
What fun!

Life Potentials Network said...

Wouldn't mind having those beautiful long spider legs myself! My walks would go much faster!
Great eye shots too and I agree...your family is gorgeous! xo

Holly said...

These are beautiful! In their simplicity and grace. Beautiful!

Unknown said...

I love the eyes! Fox's are just beautiful, remind me of Ron's, he has light blue with the dark ring like Fox's. Good shots! Spider not happy to see. LOL

Moss Family said...

Cool pictures! I mean the spider is gross, but the eyes are cool.

Jennifer MacNeill said...

Love the eyes! I don't ever kill them, but spiders freak me out:)

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

Great photos...every one of them! That spider photo is so cool with the soft smile in the background. Good job!

Anonymous said...

Amazing pics! I am with Fox on this one - love the spiders! And that gorgeous blue eye...mmmm mmmm! That young man is going to break hearts left, right and centre!
xoxoxo

Arija said...

Sarah, thank you for caring and your kind wishe. My brother had gone and was not coming back. He was not a young man but he was my brother....

Christine said...

I love the eyes. They tell such stories!