Sunday, June 7, 2009

Just a Fun Weekend.......


Welllll..it was one of those weekends, a wonderful mix of lots of different stuff. I drive myself pretty hard most weeks and that tends to continue into the weekend - art mostly. But that's like fun driving - not really stressful. But this weekend kinda just went it's own sweet ole' way.
The Cottage Garden

We had planned a family trip to a local Rock and Mineral show -as we are all rock hounds or pebble puppies. Well, I just needed a break and Jim decided to take the kids and let me stay home......ALL ALONE!!! OMG... so I took the offer even though I love the rock shows. So.... I had a seldom occurring much enjoyed 4 hours to myself. I sang, I danced, I played on the blogs, I helped a neighbor chase down a dog,then chatted with another, played a video game and I deep cleaned part of the living room. I know - WHY clean.. honestly - it was heavenly to not have people interrupting my flow every five seconds - I really enjoyed it and the music was really loud. Not to mention the main room looks great. I was also graced with another amazing award from an amazing gal - more of that to come tomorrow (Thank you hon)!



Aren't these two just too cute!!



Today, I took a lovely hike - again alone - whoo hoo - what luck!! It went on a little photo shooting hike. I have joined Audrey's photo shoot out group this week...how fun is that!! Me in a photo group!!!???!!! So the subject is "M' next Friday. I left the house thinking.... uhmmmm"M"??????!!! I hate being generic - so I wanted something different.... but M??? Well... it turned out to be great fun - I mean addicting kind of fun. I thought I would share a few shots that didn't involve the shoot outs. I was brave and asked a few beautiful young folks to snap them and a dog or too and I worked on my water shots a little. I will keep all my lovely m's till Friday.

17 comments:

Snap said...

You deserved some time to yourself and look at all you got accomplished -- besides enjoying yourself! YeeeHawwww!

Light and Shadow Studio said...

You did all that in 4 hours, girl? You must be exhausted! LOL, so glad you had such a wonderful day and I love your photos. Your enthusiasm for life is infectious Sarah. Thanks for the nice compliments too. You are such a sweetie. I guess I will have to make a sweetie award and you will be the first recipient. Big hug, Tammy

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to come by and give you a BIG Hug.

:)

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

Days like yours are an absolute must although I have no clue how you accomplished that much in such a short time! Could be you twitched your nose? Love the pictures...especially the last one of the young gentleman. I've thought of joining the shoot out...it sounds like so much fun but have remained a lurker and enjoyed the picture show so far. Will tune in to yours on Friday for sure!

Holly said...

A day of your own to create or not as you decree! My, it is good to be The Queen, isn't it? Glad you had such a good time..and also, to think that you and I stood in the exact same spot and found each other to tell so...

Blessings on the week ahead..

Christine said...

Time to yourself - such a treat!

Love the photos. The top doggie looks like my Chloe when she's just been groomed!

Blessings,
Christine

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! What a great weekend - I am SO happy that you got some "Sarah" time! Doesn't it feel wonderful to spend time with yourself, with music and with nature? I love it!

And I LOVE that you were MMMMMMing! I laughed when I read what you wrote, because my first thought was, "M??? Are you kidding me?" And I also didn't want to photograph the usual suspects, so I went searching. And ended up with so many, I am having a hard time deciding what to do!

Biggest hugs to you my friend, fellow blogger, fellow "shutter bug!"
xoxoxo

Giant Chess said...

We had planned a family trip to a local Rock and Mineral show -as we are all rock hounds or pebble puppies. Well, I just needed a break and Jim decided to take the kids and let me stay home......ALL ALONE!!! OMG... so I took the offer even though I love the rock shows. So.... I had a seldom occurring much enjoyed 4 hours to myself. I sang, I danced, I played on the blogs, I helped a neighbor chase down a dog,then chatted with another, played a video game and I deep cleaned part of the living room
Thanks for sharing your details about the garden skittles and also you have nice picks of DOG

Garden skittles said...

Hi,

I Were see blog on on your topic and find details on Garden Games that is very nice but You are not mention in details so explain in details about garden skittles, outdoor chess, garden chess.

Kim said...

Lovely pictures Sarah, especially the one of the garden, very nice :)

Kim x

Sarah Sullivan said...

Ok now that is funny - spam comments- giggle - what next?? I hope I don't have to start screening comments!!
LOL Alicia - no nose twitching - giggle - the dancing and singing pretty much went on while I was cleaning - much more fun that way.

Unknown said...

Good for you, you deserved some time to yourself! It's fun cleaning when no one is around with the music cranked up isn't it?? Love the photos, another thing you show talent with!! Love the dogs! Glad you had such a good time!!
Hugs
Sherry

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Everyone needs time alone!!

Renee said...

I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for the last picture.

What a beautiful young man.

Love Renee xoxo

Sarah Sullivan said...

LOl Renee - isn't he a good looking young man!! He looked Australian to me!!! Honestly he ws really game... this strange woman wearing a bandana and tie dye asks him to take a few candid shots!! Really nice kid!!

Mr. Mcknob said...

If you lived near me, I would go on a photo hike with ya. I need to practice. (walking and shooting lol)

Daria said...

So glad you had a 'me' weekend to get rejuvenated.

All the best to you ...