Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Wishcast Wednesday....


Our wishcast Mistress Jamie has asked us this morning...Where do you wish to make a difference? Wow now there is a question. I did something different this morning..something in a year or more of wishcasting..I have never done...I went off and read a few of yours first. Not because I didn't know what to write...but I was curious. I was also fascinated by what I read.

I will be turning 50 this Fall..I am ok with that I am. It has given me alot of fodder for thought though. Who am I, what am I good for, what have I done that is good, what am I capable of, what do I want to come to me, what do I want to offer up to the world, my family, my friends? I will always be working on myself and looking to improve my parenting skills..this is a given for me. So the question is now..what do I offer the world. I do believe you can make a difference in a bigger way..I do. I am not out to save people or change them or to gather people to me for that matter. But I truly believe that we come into contact with certain people for a reason. That we have something to offer up from our hearts and experiences, that they have something to offer us.

I have been through some very rough times. Painful, life changing, down on your knees stuff. It has given me a perspective that I treasure. I could never have looked at the world as I do without these experiences. They sucked..but they also gave me something to work with..something to offer others..they gave me the me that I am now. I still struggle with life, challenges, pain and hurt. It is life. I am a work in progress.

So what difference do I want to make? I want to show others that there is a life during and after pain, that there is a path to being happy and strong. I want them to find the magic and the bravery inside them. I want to show them how to Let Fly with all the wonderfulness they have been gifted with. This is where I want to make a difference. What do you wish today? Hugs, Sarah

25 comments:

erinrichardson said...

Sarah what a beautiful thing to aim for! Thank you for your gentle comments on my blog, really felt you with me as I read it.
As Sarah wishes for herself, so I lovingly wish for her also.

CiCi said...

Absolutely, life during and after the pain. During the pain it seems like there may not be an escape, or an ending, but when we work through the event we become wiser, stronger, more clear headed than before. What do I wish today? I wish that in some small ways I could remind people I come in contact with that they matter.

Diva Kreszl said...

Continue to speak from the heart and always try to live your life as a good example, you may never know whose life you ahve touched, rest assuresd that you have made a difference! As you wish for yourself dear one I so lovingly wish for you also!

brandi said...

~something you continually do...guide and encourage and nourish our souls...may you always be who you are and share the great beauty that lies within you...as Sarah wishes for herself so I dearly wish for her too...brightest blessings~

Sulwyn said...

Wow. As Sarah wishes for herself, so I wish for her also. What an amazing post and wish.

Barbara said...

Amen to that, sistah. I just try to remember that all this is teaching me something and that when I learn it, finally, things will change, hopefully for the better. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also. xoxo B

Cindy said...

Sarah, as you wish for yourself I wish for you also. Sarah, you have made an impact on my life, you have been nothing but kind and I see your strength when I am here, and the kindness you show others. You are a very giving and caring person, I know you have touched many people that you come in contact with, on and off of the computer.

Tabitha the KnittingJourneyman said...

As you wish for yourself, Sarah, so I lovingly and honestly wish for you as well.

You definitely make a huge difference w me--even if I don't tell you all the time. Thank you.

HUGS!

Wild Roaming One (WRO) said...

Do you remember my own "down on my knees" post awhile back? You offered me strength through sharing of your own battles and resurrections from them. So Sarah, while I fully support your wish to be an example of Let Fly, you already have it within you, and you spread that hope so beautifully.

Peace & Glee,
Oat xo

Lis said...

So, so beautifully expressed ... and such a wonderful teaching to share with others.

As Sarah wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

You have such a lovely way to express your feelings!

As Sarah wishes for herself, so I wish for her also~

In love and light~

Anonymous said...

yes. there is life after the pain. thank you for this wish.

as sarah wishes for herself, so i wish for her also.

Ginny said...

As Sarah so beautifully wishes for herself, I wish for her as well.

LissaL said...

Great post/wish! . As Sarah wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Anonymous said...

You just managed to make my heart smile from the inside out. :)

As Sarah wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Lexington said...

Wonderful and beautiful post. As Sarah wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Karen D said...

As Sarah wishes of herself, so I wish for her also. Well my friend I can honestly say you have made a difference in my life, by sharing your story and hearing mine. Your compassion and understanding shine through in your pictues and your words.
Namaste,
Karen

Joanna Jenkins said...

Oh Sarah, I am always impressed at how you have learned and grown from life's experiences rather than let them harden you. What a loving and inspiring wish. I wish all of this for you and more.
xo

Unknown said...

I wish for strength and being truly happy with myself. Its hard to happy with who you are...And Im not sure if its confidence, or what. But I want to be truly happy with me...Renee was a big help in the past year along with you sarah in just being accepting. We have similiar lives so friendship does help.

Love ya Honker xoxoxoxo

Unknown said...

PS....That picture of you is amazing and Hot...Jim is one lucky duckie lol

xoxoxoxoxox

Dede said...

As Sarah wishes for herself, I so wish for her also.

I think you do all of this already. You have touched so many lives, every week. I know that you have made a difference in my life! And I thank you for that.

(((HUGS)))

kazari said...

I love the idea of letting fly with all our wonderfulness! As Sarah wishes for herself, so I wish for her also :)

Unknown said...

As always Sarah you said it well. I'm going through some of that life changing, painful stuff right now. So you make a difference for me, as a kindred soul who finds the time to share a little of herself with all of us. :)
It is so good to be back online.
Blessings my friend,
Sherry

Beverley Baird said...

As Sarah wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
What an exquisite wish! So strong - I love the image of "let fly with all the wonderfulness:!

Sara @SoulSpackle said...

That is such a beautiful wish, a lamplight in the darkness.
As Sarah wishes for herself, so do I wish for her also!