Sunday, February 21, 2010

Quilting Bee #44.. For Renee..



Good morning all..it is with great sadness that I meet with you today..I am heartbroken and having trouble seeing the keyboard. Our sweet Renee is in the process of leaving this life. So I will offer up some thoughts about what this amazing woman has meant to me here today if you do not mind to awfully much. Please grab a cup of coffee or tea and join me in celebrating this amazing woman I love so very much.

I met Renee a little over a year back now, I happened to stumble across her blog. A very strange thing happened that day. There was just something about Renee that drew me in..I spent two hours reading all the back posts on her blog..I cried, I laughed I blew coffee out my nose..I adored her from the start. So I left a comment about how touched I was by her writing and pimped her on my blog..she wrote me back.

Way back a year ago I had no way of knowing what a profound effect she would have on my life. She came to visit me often and always encouraged me. She was straight up and told me what she thought in her comments and email...she did not hesitate to let me know she adored me back. I owe Renee a great deal of credit for where I am with not only my artwork..but also the person I have grown into today. Because of Renee, I am now that girl that can step out and be brave..the girl that can Let Fly. You see Renee offered up the gentle strength to me to allow me to do this..she gently took me to the edge of the cliff and told me to spread my swan wings and take flight. She has been my courage and my greatest fan. She has given me one of the greatest gifts ...belief in myself. She loves me for who I am and only sees the beautiful swan when for so long all I saw was an ugly duck.

We were emailing each other back and forth about the fact that I had been considered the dumb one in the family..but had recently found that I was a relatively intelligent woman..this came as a bit of a shock to me..as I had played my roll for years. Renee said something to me that will stick with me forever..and forever changed how I think about myself...a simple,small thought..so typical of Renee,
"Sarah you have gone from Mental Duck to Mental Swan!" I was from then on her swan. This is where my award sprang from..the love of Renee.

She is my dear friend, my confidant, my gypsy sister, my comforter, my biggest fan, my Reiki patient, my soul friend. She is without doubt one of the most amazing women I have ever known. Her strength amazes me, her attitude forever changed me. She will forever be in my heart! She is someone who I deeply love and will deeply miss.

I want to be selfish and wish her to stay here with us..to remain here and be my loving friend. But because I love her so..I cannot bear the thought of her being in pain and suffering. I take comfort in the fact that so many who adore her are waiting for her to join them. Her Mother and Father and of course her dear Sheldon..waiting to welcome here home. Do the angels know what a gift they are getting I wonder..do they?

So today would you please join me in celebrating Renee..because I know this is what she would want from us...to be feisty and celebrate every day, to say Fuck when it suits us and love unconditionally. To be honest and kind with our words and open with our love. To be the very best we can be and help others to find that too! This Swan will try very hard too offer up all of the amazing lessons she has been taught to her by dear Renee. I love her so...I will miss her so. May your passing be gentle. May your family be comforted. You are loved my friend.
Love and Namaste, Sarah

41 comments:

sassypackrat said...

What a lovely post. Renee sounds like a most wonderful friend who will be so missed! I hope she goes gently into the night.

WrightStuff said...

Sending you my love and warmth Sarah. She sounds like a wonderful woman who touched everyone she met. How fantastic that you got to be a part of that life. x

Snap said...

Beautiful, Sarah. Renee was right ... you are a swan ... fly high ... Renee would want you too and will be watching!

Grace said...

Beautiful tribute to a beautiful friend. It is a true gift to HAVE a friend like that and a gift to BE a friend like that.

Aleks said...

Very gracious,wonderful way of sharing your and Renee's love with us,thank you dear!
Im with you,keep your beauty shine little swan!Light,love and peace to you,
Aleksandra

Sycamore Moon Studios said...

Your post is a wonderful insight into what sounds like an amazing woman. It makes me wish that I had known her. That is the truest tribute of all.
Blessings to all of you.

Silke Powers said...

So well said!! Your love for Renee, this great woman, is tangible!! Thanks for visiting my blog. Can't believe I hadn't found yours before... Love, Silke

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Ah Sarah - so much of you put into that tribute to your friend. I know how much this makes you suffer, she will be sorely missed by everyone whose life she touched.

Console yourself a bit with the knowledge that you gave her so much too - and how meaningful that was for her in this past year - the sweetness, love, admiration and humour you brought to her life.

Thank you for those beautiful words about Renee.

Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.

Dede said...

A beautiful post Sarah...She will always be my hero.
Together strong....

(((HUGS)))

Carolee said...

What a beautiful tribute...sending prayers of comfort and strength...

~ Carolee

Lisa Holtzman said...

What a beautiful post Sarah. I didn't know Renee but feel I have a good sense of an incredible woman through your heartfelt writing.

clairedulalune said...

Oh Sarah what beautiful words you have woven into hearts. I am crying with you, You and Renee have a such a magical, special friendship and my heart is breaking for you too. I will miss her ever so much, but she has taught me so much through her posts that she will never be forgotten. Thank you so much for your lovely commments Sarah, and remember, as Renee and her family say, "Together Strong" You are a beautiful swan Sarah! ((hugs))

Laura said...

such a beautiful and wonderful honoring of your friend.
blessings
~*~

Debra She Who Seeks said...

A beautiful tribute to Renee! So many will miss her so much. How wonderful that she touched your life in such a profound way. In a very real sense, she will always be with you.

Cindy said...

Sarah, what a beautiful post, and honor of your friendship. She is right you are a swan. Hugs to you.

lisanelsonart said...

Sarah, isn't it amazing the difference a year can make in our lives? I'm so glad you and Renee had the opportunity to meet and love and learn and grow. You are so fortunate to have such a mentor and your tribute is beautiful. Wishing you comfort and Renee peace. Take care, Lisa

Anonymous said...

You are a wonderful friend Sarah, sending blessings your way.

Lisa said...

I know it hurts, be strong, your post is Love!

Be well, Lisa

CiCi said...

When you let words flow from your heart like this they warm us and teach us in love. This is what we are meant to do on this earth. Be here TOGETHER and help each other go home.

Anonymous said...

She sounds like such a beautiful being Sarah. I am uplifting you both in prayer sweet friend.

Suecae Sounds said...

May the light bless her, and you as well.

Ces Adorio said...

Sarah dearest, I remember the day you emailed me about Renee. My heart froze then. She would cry if she read this because she knows you love her so much. Take care dearest friend. Love, Ces.

Unknown said...

Well said Honker. xoxoxoxoxoxox

spiritsoflena said...

What a beautiful way to honor your friend! This post is so heart-felt and genuine. I am so sorry for your loss of someone you care so much about.

Judy Merrill-Smith said...

She has been your light; now, you get to shine that light for others. Hugs to you.

Diva Kreszl said...

such a lovely tribute to Renee, I am so saddened by her daughter's most recent post. I too found Renee's blog and was instantly drawn in and she graciously accepted me into the fold. I don't know quite how to deal with this great void we are all feeling, she will be sorely missed. I pray that her suffering abates long enough for her to enjoy some time with her family before the angels carry her home.

Joanna Jenkins said...

Oh Sarah, My heart is heavy for you and your lovely Renee. This is a beautiful tribute. I will say a special pray for her and send hugs to you both.
xo

Barbara said...

Sarah. Beautiful as Renee.
xoxoxo Love, B

Emmy said...

She sounds like a wonderful friend, and what a wonderful tribute you wrote to her. Hope her passing is easy for all involved.

magikalseasons said...

Sending hugs to you Sarah! I'm so sorry to hear this news. Your tribute is beautiful. I only recently got to know Renee and she touched my heart. I know she is an important friend to you. She touches many lives here I'm sure she knows that. My prayers to her and all her family and many friends. xoxo

Yarrow said...

Oh my gosh, Sarah. I'm so sorry to read this. I feel like I've swallowed a stone and don't know what else to say. Love to you.

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Such a beautiful tribute Sarah.

In light and love~

Laura said...

Sarah,
this is a beautiful tribute to Renee. I only met her a few months ago, and have found her to be courageous, inspiring and always kind in her comments. May Renee be blessed with ease as she transitions into a time/space/new existence of deep peace.

Unknown said...

Hi Sarah....this is so beautiful...and it is so nice to see many who are touched by Renee and her wonderful friendship....

She has been so wonderful to me and I can see she has touched many of us in a very special way!!!

Bella Sinclair said...

Oh, Sarah. This is beautiful and so heartfelt. I miss her so much, too. Thank you for your hug. I want to hug you right back, and very tightly.

Your new works are enchanting. Renee would be rooting you on and telling you how much she loves them. So do I.

xoxo

CP said...

Hello Love,
I've been remiss in both reading and writing and missed this post until just now. All I can say is what an inspiration *you* are for being such an amazing friend. Thank you for recounting your life in such visceral and honest terms.

CP said...

Hello Love,
I've been remiss in both reading and writing and missed this post until just now. All I can say is what an inspiration *you* are for being such an amazing friend. Thank you for recounting your life in such visceral and honest terms.

CP said...

Hello Love,
I've been remiss in both reading and writing and missed this post until just now. All I can say is what an inspiration *you* are for being such an amazing friend. Thank you for recounting your life in such visceral and honest terms.

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

Hi Sarah! Thank you for sharing such a beautiful post! Your relationship with Renee is meant to be for sure. Her positive energy and loving spirit is what drew me to her too. My heart just aches at the thought of her pain. It is a blessing to know her.

Hugs,
Lisa :)

miruspeg said...

Sarah I love Renee with all my heart as well....she would be chuffed to bits if she could read this post.
Take care
Peggy xxxxx