Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Wishcast Wednesday


I was going to skip today ..am wicked busy..but when I read Jamie's question today, well I just had to join in! You see she asked us today..."Where do you wish to Travel?". I just couldn't resist this one..I couldn't. I have been wanting to travel for a while now. It has been a VERY long time since we have spent the night anywhere but at home. I love to travel and search out new places to tootle through. I am not one for organized tours, I like to wander around and find my own fun.

So what drew me to wish today...more of a need than a want. I want to go to the beaches on the coast of the Pacific North West. I need to go to the beach. It has been calling me for a while now. I love the ocean. The smells and sounds, the light is somehow different there. I miss it, I need to go there. I want to play in the tide pools and show my children all the amazing life there. I want to just walk on the sand and let the wind touch my face. That lovely salty air. I want to take my camera and play with the water and light. Seriously...I think I just need to play.


I know you are thinking..but Sarah your lake is amazing and stunning. Yes it is and I do so love and appreciate that I live in a place of such beauty. But somehow the ocean is different. It brings me a peace I cannot find anywhere else. A calm.
So my wish today is that I can go play on the beach this year.

What are you wishing today? Hugs, Sarah

19 comments:

CP said...

It's a lovely wish ... and I can taste it :) Having just returned from the Pacific Northwest... I must admit I am hooked and officially wish for a concurrent life time to live here and there :)

As Sarah wishes for herself, so too do I wish for Sarah to be able to share with her children her magical world~AHO!~♥Shamsi

CiCi said...

Seriously, I am wishing hubby would finish the CD. Not that I don't like listening to his playing the tracks and he is getting so close to finishing. I can understand your desire to travel to the beach. If that is where you enjoy playing and it is refreshing for you naturally you are drawn there. I hope you get to do just that this year!

Lis said...

there is nothing like the beach and being part of the rhythms of the tides, hearing the pulse of the waves and living on the cusp of land and sea.

As Sarah wishes for herself, so I wish for her also. don't forget the sand pail and shovel!

WrightStuff said...

You sure have some amazing looking beaches up there. Can I come too?
Here's a big wish coming your way that you get there this summer and feel the sand between your toes and a warm sea breeze in your hair!

Emmy said...

Hope you get your wish

Dede said...

As Sarah wishes for herself, I so wish for her also.
I do understand the need to get to the beach. Very tranquil and calming. The smell, taste, sight, sounds and all of the life, a whole other world. Nothing matters while at the beach, time seems to stand still.

(((HUGS)))

Suzie Ridler said...

As Sarah wishes for herself, I so wish for her also.

Is that Tofino? I looks like Tofino, my favourite place on the island. I will meet you there!

Barbara said...

Come to L.A.!! We've got beaches. And sisters. :p)

xoxo B

Cindy said...

As you wish Sarah, I wish for you also. I hope you get to the ocean, it is a different feel than a lake. I love to swim in the ocean. I will pray you get there. take care.

Anonymous said...

As Sarah wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Anonymous said...

As Sarah wishes for herself, I so wish for her also.
What a beautful wish. I've never been near the ocean, but I agree there must be a magic element to it that you just can't find in a lake!

brandi said...

~nothing quite like the ocean...the smell, all there is to see and feel, the tastes that surround...aahh wonderful place to be! as Sarah wishes for herself so I wish for her too...this can be done! not to far away...can you hear the waves crashing...the seagulls singing your name...happy travels and brightest blessings~

Karen D said...

Oh I hear you on this one sister, I am lucky enough to live not too far from the ocean and it is a favorite place.. I rarely think about it in the winter but you have awakened the longing.
As Sarah wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
Namaste,
Karen

LindaGJ said...

I sure do wish your wish will come true. I understand. I have been feeling very restless and gloomy and really yearn for an adventure. I would love to go to the Pacific Northwest too! It just gets very lonely with this fibro. and not being able to travel and have adventures like I used to. But this feeling will pass. It always seems to.
Linda :)

Tabitha the KnittingJourneyman said...

As you wish for yourself, I so wish for you as well…

BunnyKissd said...

The Pacific NW calls me too! As you wish for yourself, so do I wish as well.

Alison said...

I swam at the beach last weekend and it was great. Invigorating and healing! I swam in the Pacific Ocean, but in fact in Auckland one has a choice of the Pacific Ocean or the Tasman Sea. I hope you get your wish - as you wish for yourself I wish for you also. And for me.... well, I'd just like to go back to France!

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

Anonymous said...

Survival group against God?? LOL. Good luck with that. Truth is, no one knows the exact time this will happen except the man upstairs, however, I firmly believe that there are people placed here by God that post the warning signs and it's up to you to take heed.
[url=http://2012earth.net/astronomical_picture.html
]apocalypse 2012
[/url] - some truth about 2012