Thursday, February 4, 2010

Some New Work....


I did the sketch for this piece about a year ago..funny how you keep looking at a sketch and it says...not just yet...wait a bit. I did..until I rediscovered it again last weekend. It was ready to be worked. So here is a bit of "Fairy Om". Hope ya like her..I kinda do.

I have also had several requests for more Scotties..so here is one. I love doing these little guys, soooo much expression..blame Holly! So here is a young Scottie and a new friend. Well maybe....


I made a new discovery this week...OMG be still my heart..I am in love..I am enchanted...I may faint. I need a photo editing program..I have been searching Photoshop Elements and CS4 (too expensive sadly), Lightroom...etc. I also purchased a book containing Fantasy artwork..many of them use Photoshop and Corel. Being an artist..I was curious about what I was missing here in graphic arts. I prefer the real thing..but I like to play a bit too.

I was missing this...Corel Paint 11 Program...OMG OMG OMG!! I was able to download a trial. Wowowowowowowowowowow! I know I may be coming very late to the show...but seriously I am amazed! I played with the above digital image for a bit last night..just to mess around with the tools..nothing fancy or precise..but gave me a wee taste of what this badboy program can do!


About two years back a fellow I know showed me some artwork he had done with a graphics program...really cool stuff. I asked him what program he was using...he told me it was too complicated for me and I couldn't afford it. Despite asking several times..he refused to tell me. Did that piss me off..uhhmm yup. Just an end note...not to long ago he came to me after loosing his very lucrative job and asked me for help getting going selling online as he was a bit lost..blog..etc...not so stupid after all;)

Have a good Thursday all! Namaste, Sarah

19 comments:

brandi said...

~oohh sarah she is MAGNIFICENT...nothing sweeter than a bit of silence in the presence of a tree...the stump make me think of the "giving tree" i have nothing to offer anymore but this...a place to sit in silence...i LOVE her...brightest blessings~

Theresa MacNaughton said...

Both pieces are very lovely! I adore the flowers on the tree stump and the way her wings curl underneath. The Scottie is just too cute for words! :) Theresa

lisanelsonart said...

These are beautiful, Sarah!! I love the softness of your colors and the detail of your pen. Blessings and hugs, Lisa

CP said...

WOWZERS! Thanks for posting about the Corel - I haven't been a big Corel fan since I got my first copy of Photoshop way back when... but I was missing out on cool things I forgot Corel did! ooOOOooo Great stuff. :) Glad you found an alternative.
♥~Shamsi

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

LOL, corel is a fun program. I have elements and there is so much you can do with it. Loved the Scottie (my Mother loved them and we had 3)
In love and light~

Dede said...

Beautiful! What life all of the color brings. Yes, everything comes full circle.

(((HUGS)))

Emmy said...

That is awesome!!

And you can get free trials for Lightroom and photoshop Elements on the adobe web site.

Tracey said...

Your original fairy looks like she could be quilted! Some cool meander-like designs in her ...I see!

I've been trying to get to grips with Illustrator but failing miserably. Occasionally I manage to 'draw' something and I fall in love with it all over again ! I just dont have the time or will power at the moment to dedicate to it .... so listen to me ... practice ... little and often (mind you Fairy No 2 looks pretty impressive already!)

Tabitha the KnittingJourneyman said...

Woman, you read my mind and answer questions before they have ever formed in my brain...thank you for this. :-)
HUGS!

Regina said...

Sarah...most excellent work!! Of course, I do love my faeries but that Scottie is just to dang sweet!!

Hugs,
Regi

So happy that someone can figure out all this puter stuff...I'm still in the paper and pencil world!!! :)

Hugs,
Regi

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Just beautiful work. The corel program only enhances what YOU have already done. Love, love, love the scottie!!

Cindy said...

Sarah, she is just beautiful. you should do a series of them. I have Corel, don't know too much about it, but slowly learning. It is funny what goes around comes around. Big hug to you today. Take care.

Laura said...

she's beautiful! i love love love her!
blessings
~*~

LindaGJ said...

Just beautiful I love your style so much!
Linda :)

Joanna Jenkins said...

Oh Sarah, Your Lavender Fairy Om is really special. She she for sale?

xo

The Strawberry Mallard said...

You sound like I did when I started to recently ( yes RECENTLY ) use Picasa ( I am like the turtle ;o)

p.s. THAT PRINT IS MINE...LOL ~ seriously it is GOREGOUS ~ OMG type of" how cute it that" ~
It is Gussy dog for sure!!!

Hugs, Nancy & Gus Gus

LMA said...

I love both versions of "Fairy Om"! I know what you mean about Photoshop -- I bought CS2 for work a couple of years ago and, well, that's still what I have; can't afford to upgrade!

Suecae Sounds said...

Lovely!

You might want to try out the free alternative GIMP as well as Corel. It can be found here. I can't promise that it can do everything Corel can do, but in the meantime while saving up for that program, it can be quite handy on its own. :)

http://www.gimp.org/

Bella Sinclair said...

I always love your inkwork. This fairy is enchanting, and your Scottie! Oh so adorable! What is it about Scotties. I love them, too. Cool what you can do with Corel. How FUN!