Thursday, May 21, 2009
I was very touched to get this award - so sorry it took so long to post it.. HybridJ - whom I adore gave me this one.. The Noblesse Award. Thank you so much!!
And for this award, I’m to write about what this blog has thus far achieved. I needed to give this one a little thought.
I started this blog strictly as a way to promote my artwork. It quickly morphed into something very different. As I got to know folks here I found an amazing group of just women at first - but am pleased to say - I have found some amazing men too!! So very quickly my blog became more to me than just my art, but an amazing place to not only be myself but share of my self in ways that I truly had not expected. I love to write... really do - I just had not expected that anyone else would find value in anything I might put out there. It seems, much to my surprise and delight, some of you do.
The writing turned into a joy and that joy turned into A Quilting Bee of Women. I found so many women who amazed me and touched my life in huge ways. I saw them reaching out to others & to me in wonderful ways. You have all carried me though some rough stuff in my life and I am forever changed by what you offered me here. It struck me that we were like old quilting bees and did a post about that - it has turned into a weekly joy for me. I did change the name, as a few brave fellows have joined us!!
I'm not sure what I have achieved but, I guess I hope that my blog not only touches others, but respects the feelings and beliefs of others. I try to support up other artists and encourage new ones - I have been so graciously encouraged here and bloomed because of all of your loving care. My artwork and my soul thank you all for being a part of my Quilting Bee and part of my life!! Namaste, Sarah
Details of Noblesse Award:
The recipient of this award is recognized for the following:
- The Blogger manifests exemplary attitude, respecting the nuances that pervade amongst different cultures and beliefs.
- Their Blog contents inspire; strives to encourage, and offers solutions
- There is a clear purpose at the Blog; one that fosters a better understanding on Social, Political, Economic, the Arts, Cultures, Sciences and Beliefs
- The Blog is refreshing and creative
- The Blogger promotes friendship and positive thinking
The Blogger who receives this award will need to perform the following:
- Create a post with a mention and link to the person who presented the Noblesse Oblige Award
- The Award Conditions must be displayed at the Post
- Write a short article about what the Blog has thus far achieved – preferably citing one or more older posts as support
- The Blogger must present the Noblesse Oblige Award in concurrence with the Award conditions
- Blogger must display the Award at any location at their Blog
I wouled like to pass this along to a couple of my Bees, women who are always there for me and so many others, who offer up delicious blogs for all of us do join them at their tables....