Saturday, March 21, 2009

New Art......


My muse has been a slave driver this week. Well not really - maybe a "Sarah... you need to let loose of all the ideas in your head and get them down on paper. Let them fly girl!!" So this week, in the evenings I have been drawing - alot. Here are a few that I have not listed yet. These are all ACEO's (baseball card sized art). A bit of a magical theme - unicorns and haunted forests.



Given my love for Fall and Halloween, I always come back to that theme. I started a new series, Everyday Witches. I am pleased to say these two have bids on them (on Ebay)- whoo hoo. "I'm Late" & "Strolling with Nana" More of this series to come.

Here is a HUGE thank you to Tammie Spirithelpers for helping me figure out how to use the link button!!! Duhhhhhhh! For some reason I just couldn't GET it. She emailed and gently offered me assistance. She was so sweet, she walked me through it on the phone!!! I felt VERY silly afterwards - but I also very blessed - I was given the opportunity to get to know Tammie a little bit better on a different level! It was a joy! I am the proud owner of several of Tammie's amazing photographs! If you haven't been to her blog... it will offer you a glimpse at Tammie's beautiful, grace filled spirit. She also has a link to her Esty shop (ok, yes....I'm pimping her shop). Thank you Tammie!!! Huge Hugs - seeee I did it!!!!

15 comments:

Kathleen Coy said...

You have been busy! Love the unicorns! :-)

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

Drawing is good for the soul! I love the horses and wonderful magical trees!

Also want to say, thanks so much for your kind words re: Jim's recovery from heart surgery. He will be coming home early this week. The power of the body to heal is amazing! Please keep us in your prayers. Blessings to you! Coralie

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

Oops..I said "horses" but those beautiful creatures are not horses! They are unicorns! How enchanting!!!

Christine said...

Your art inspires me to branch out and try more things. I can't draw a stick figure but I kind of like my undecernable (sp)doodling. I've collecting something so I can try my had at altered art. Last weekend I bought several old books while I was in Utah and got a couple of stamps for background. When I'm sitting in front of the TV I'm going to look through the books to get some inspiration. That's much more productive than blog hopping. But, with blog hopping I get a lot of inspiration. hehe

Blessings, Christine

Foolish Notions Vintage said...

Oh Sarah, I love them all!
You have many talents and work well with this medium as well. (no surprise there) Don't you love when those creative ideas just all of a sudden start to flow out? Let them the results are amazing!
hugs,
Heather

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Love the Unicorns!

Wendy said...

Love the little witch in the pram - just gorgeous!

The Witches Room said...

Hi Sarah, Just stumbled upon your blog via my chain of blogs that I follow. Love your witchy artwork! Especially the witch pushing the stroller. Priceless. I look forward to becoming a regular visitor.

Anonymous said...

I so enjoy seeing your art! I saw your email and just b&w is great!

artbykarieann said...

I love the trees Sarah, they look like the ones I call 'witchy' trees we find deep in the woods, very spooky!

Micki Wilde said...

Love the little witch with the stroller it's adorable!!

Micki x

Unknown said...

Sarah,

Those are so creative...almost finished w/ surprise. Worked in my yard all day..Felt so good to be outside and make a serenity spot...I plan on learning meditation...Hard taking the ideas from the brain to the hand and then process onto the paper...I get so frustrated..Chin up..

Smiles,

Sonia ;)

Linda said...

Great art Sarah, go with the flow.
&Definately will come to the outa the hole party.( sound like the outlaw Hole in the wall gang, Hugs Lindax

Karri said...

Hope this finds you all well...and warm! Keep up the good work!

Karri

Jasmijn Paauwe - van Est said...

wow these are very good!