Thursday, October 29, 2009
Seven More..whoo hoo..love these...
I love doing these..sevens...fun and make me think a bit. Debra of She who seeks gave me this fun award..thank you hon!!! Love it.
On Facebook this week Shamsi said..."Totally love the feel of Sarah's work... :) the feeling reminds me of a strange cross between Edward Gorey and Mary Engelbreit"
Which made me smile, a really big smile. Ok I did a dance!By the way if you have not visited her site and seen her dance you are missing a real treat! She is amazing!
Wow really?? How fun is that. I was kinda stunned really! It got me thinking about art influences in my own artwork. I have always loved these two.
1. I love Mary Engelbreit..I love her work always have. I saw a picture of her studio once and decided that someday I would have one like that..Her work started me doing colored pencil and pen...love her whimsy. To be compared to her in any way..well Wow!
2. I love Edward Gorey! I first saw him on Mystery Theater on BBC, I coveted the PBS mugs with pictures of his delicious work. Again..to be compared in any small way to anything he created..wowow! Thank you Shamsi, I'm touched you think so!
3.The BBC I so love the BBC!! Jim and I will watch almost anything on BBC..I do love Tourchwood...love Jack(John Barrowman) ..I know he's gay..but still....he just has something! I just can't help myself!! The man is just sexy! Is it just me?
4. I have always adored Charles Wysocki. My mother collected his calenders..I have adored primitives ever since!We do his puzzles every holiday season..lay them out all over the dining room table and everyone works it until it's done! Yeah I love puzzles too - big ones!
5. I adore Sci Fi..I know am a geek ..but I love it I really do. Movies or books I love them! I love the futuristic ones..Bladerunner hooked me on those. Time travel even better..add a bit of romance and I'm hooked!!
6. I adore milk glass..love it..that lovely carmely tint when you hold it up to the light. I makes the most amazing tea candle holders. Such a delicious color!!
7.Anything about horses..although some of you knew this already..I do adore horses. I rode for years and dearly miss having one to love on everyday. So I draw alot of them and photograph every one I come across. Which I enjoy too!
So there is another seven about me..maybe it explains my style a bit..it was enlightening to me..LOL!! I was honored to be compared to such amazing artists..that someday I can be as good!! Have a great Thursday, Sarah