Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Wishcast Wednesday...


Our Jamie has asked us this morning... How do you wish to bloom? Well...here we go another amazingly on target question from Jamie!! Being authentic I guess...Bonnie was talking about this on her blog this morning...I love Bonnie's blog!! I got to thinking about the fact that I am pretty straight up here about who I am...what you see is me..not a mask or an idea of me..its me. Are there personal things that I don't share here..yup. Things that would effect others in my life..personal things that might effect me but are not mine to share..that sort of thing. But overall...those of you who know me here ..know the real me.

But...in the non-cyber world that is a harder nut to crack.. as I offer up the real me here..the mask that I wear out there to protect myself is falling away and the real me in the non-cyber world is starting to emerge. I read people so well that being in groups of women in particular is a challenge for me. I do not conform to the norm of fashion or wear the latest hair style. Seriously I could really care less who made my purse as long as it serves the purpose I want it to. I wear what is comfortable to me..sometimes that is a pair of my hubbies camo pants from his time in the service. They are a bit big..drawstring waist...but the most comfortable pants I have ever worn. I try to add a bit of flare with a sweater or hat..but seriously..I love them. Do they fit in with the young up and comers at my kids school..not so much. I adore a good Lands End dress with leggings and leg warmers and pair of hiking boots..love that. Not exactly in style. So why do I feel discomfort in being who I am? Because of the tude I get..that "oh Sarah she is a bit odd" vibe. I have always gotten that even when I tried to fit in. So..I would like my sense of self to bloom...to be comfortable with my own style and not worry or frankly care about what others think..to be the unusual flower that I am. I guess what I am saying is that I have never been an everyday beauty like a rose..I am more of a violet I guess.

So..I wish today to bloom in my authenticity our here in the big world! What do you wish today? Namaste, Sarah

18 comments:

Julia Christie said...

The line from a movie 'What a girl wants' (aimed at tweens, but has Colin Firth so I had to watch!) comes to mind:

"Why are you trying so hard to fit in...When you were born to stand out?"

Embrace the zany, individual, quirky, precious you. When my 10 year old son told me last year, "People call me wierd, mom." I replied, "I hope you said thank you. Who wants to be 'normal' or like everyone else?" He has since started doing this with great success, and is proud of the fact that he is just who he is, not who everyone else thinks he should be.

Love the reference to an 'unusual flower' btw. I have violets on my windowsill in my kitchen and love them!

Smiles

Unknown said...

Odd? Eccentric would be a better word. LOL I call myself an "old hippie". I am proud of being different. You are an artist, artists are supposed to be "different". Be proud Sarah! You are wonderful just the way you are!! I wear men's jeans. They are way more comfortable then women's and usually I have paint on me somewhere and all my fingernails are broke from digging in the dirt! :) I care more about how my yard looks then I do myself. Guess I'm "odd" too!

Julie Jordan Scott said...

As Sarah wishes for herself, I wish for her also... from one eccentric, "bit odd" wondrous woman to another... brava you!!!

Judy said...

Different is better...don't want to be normal...that's just like everyone else... can't go down in history if you are just like everyone else...stand out...be yourself and enjoy it...

clairedulalune said...

Once again Sarah, you are reading my mind again! Comfort over style anyday! Wear them pants and hiking boots with pride, with a smile on your face and no discomfort or a care in the world. That is who you are and this is why we love you! You are you, no BS! I got a T-shirt as a gift about two years ago from some cousins in the US. Do you know what it said in big letters on the front? Weirdo! Says it all I guess, but thats me I guess! You are a blooming flower, and I always say, "what is normal anyway?" ((hugs))

Diva Kreszl said...

One of my favorite quotes is 'Be yourself, everyone else is already taken'. I don't really feel that need to don designer labels, or wear the latest fashion either. I'm at a point in my life when what I want is comfort! As you wish for yourself sweet one I lovingly wish for you also!

Lis said...

As Sarah so authentically wishes for herself, so I wish wholeheartedly for her also.

as a bit of a wildflower/weed, i appreciate all that you write here. i love your style, the way you write is so honest ...and your art is amazing. if that is being odd, well thank goodness!

CiCi said...

It is not "Sarah, she is a bit odd" so much as Sarah is unique.

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Seems to me you have the confidence and courage to let yourself fly - as you so often say. Such a great example for us all!! To be, and to be comfortable with our being is surely what life is all about.
Bravo Sarah.

Cindy said...

I think it is wonderful that you march to your own beat. I love violets, I love strong women, and as someone said you are a no b.s. kind of gal. Trust me I would rather be a violet! Hugs and thanks for your kind words today.

Karen D said...

I am right there with you sister, I have very similiar feelings. I used to think it was all me and I was too sensitive and I adjusted to fit in, but not anymore, now I try to be myself and if others think I am not the norm, that is just fine by me..
As you wish for yourself my friend so I wish for you also.
Namaste,
Karen

Beverley Baird said...

As Sarah wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
May you always bloom authenically!

Thestrawberrymallard said...

"Why are you trying so hard to fit in...When you were born to stand out?"

YUP....eccentric......an original...NOT a crowd follower ( even when little)..
Nope not me...marchin' to the beat of my own drum PROUDLY!!!!

Hugz to you angel!

summertime dreams said...

Great post, very inspiring. I have come across a few of these blooming posts today, and they are all so wonderful. Each has made me think about my life, who I am, and all that is good and unique about me and everything around me. Yours especially, so thank-you :) We have to learn to cherish, to truly cherish our individuality. Ever since I was a child I've felt that vibe you speak of from others, first in regards to my family, and now towards me. I'm really liking this blogging community, meeting some great people on here who are so refreshing. Yes, thats you included :)
PS: What a girl wants = my guilty pleasure! Love that movie, real cute and well done for a mainstream teen movie.

LLA Creations Art Dolls said...

Yep..I agree and good for you. Been that way all my life and it's not bad thing at all.

LMA said...

I think authentic you is wonderful, gifted and amazing, regardless of what you wear.

As Sarah wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

brandi said...

~a violet...my grandmas favorite flower...unigue are you and i l♥ve you just as you are...you bring forth inspiration and encourage all with your shared confindence you hold....passing it along whether you realize it or not...if you were like all others then you would not stand out as the beautiful blossom you are...bloom forever accepting and being true to yourself...allow you personality to always remain free...not conforming because of another...as Sarah wishes fo rherself so I wish for you too with all my heart...always remain true to thine self...much l♥ve and light...brightest blessings~

brandi said...

~a violet...my grandmas favorite flower...unigue are you and i l♥ve you just as you are...you bring forth inspiration and encourage all with your shared confindence you hold....passing it along whether you realize it or not...if you were like all others then you would not stand out as the beautiful blossom you are...bloom forever accepting and being true to yourself...allow you personality to always remain free...not conforming because of another...as Sarah wishes fo rherself so I wish for you too with all my heart...always remain true to thine self...much l♥ve and light...brightest blessings~