Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Learning Curve...


I do so love my camera...I do. I will admit, I am new to lots of things when it comes to photography. My Rebel challenges me to try different things and stretch myself a bit. How fun is that? I love a good challenge. Water droplets..yup challenged me..I kinda liked this one!

So I have been challenging myself a bit. I try to do themes that make me work LOL! One place I love to go is this wonderful woman's blog.. The Pioneer Woman - Ree Drummond. Although I am one of a million followers ..I always feel at home. Frequently she has photo contests through her blog and Flickr. Despite the 30,000 submissions per day... I keep trying my hand at catching her eye. And learning...wow I am learning..a lot!

Composition..composition....


Like what the heck is Bokeh..I learned it there. In a nutshell it is that lovely out of focus background that glitters or is pleasing to the eye..I think I managed to peg it here....


Here is another Bokeh shot..I really loved this one..but that is just me.

And of course Macro photography..which you would think would be called micro..those very close up shots ..tiny little worlds..love macro!! BTW this is her contest this week!





Here is a new one to me...action sequences threaded together. Whoot Fox helped me with this one...Warrior Fox! I love boys!!

Another challenge...action shots...oh how hard I have worked on there..not quite there yet..but I liked this one. Hanna's Flying fingers..she might even use it on her upcoming music CD. Her Sr. project is a music CD she has worked so hard on..do I sound proud...yup in a huge way!!

So I am working on a learning curve her..hoping as I go along..that maybe..one day..I might just catch Ree Drummond's eye. In the mean time I am trying hard to please yours and mine. Happy Tuesday all, Sarah

15 comments:

Diva Kreszl said...

you photos are just amazing! you are certainly getting quite good at all of these applications. do you use a specail lens for macro shots??? I just bought myself a new camers and am still learning the ropes.

Mother Moon said...

I know so what you mean... although I do believe each one has their own "eye". beautiful

stregata said...

Well, I adore your photos!
My husband just bought himself a new digital Canon - and I have a serious case of camera envy as a result! LOL

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Well, you certainly have succeeded in pleasing my eye - and I'm sure eventually Ree's eye will be captivated too. In the meantime, what a wonderful collection you are creating about all that you love. Fabulous work Sarah!!

CiCi said...

The hands through the fence reaching out to pet the beautiful cat is a superb photo!! Very great idea and wonderful colors and oh heck, I like the whole thing.

Toni said...

I am loving all of your photos!!!

magikalseasons said...

Wow! Amazing shots from an amazing friend! :)

Magical Fairys said...

Sarah your art is so amazing to me!!
I have a award in my blog for you.
Hugs
Chris

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I always love your photos, Sarah! You have a real gift.

Julia Christie said...

What an artist you are. I am so envious of photographers - I just don't have the knack, but my daughter is amazing.

If it makes you feel any better, you succeeded in pleasing mine:-)

I love the guitar! The water drop is amazing, and the action sequence is great too!

Isn't it great to learn new things!

Enjoying it all...
Smiles and hugs

Cindy said...

I love all your photos, AND now I know what bokeh is. Thanks for that. And you should sound proud about the cd. that will be fun. I am going to check out that site. Glad you are well. take care.

Halloween Spirit said...

Wow Sarah, look how much you've learned!
Cindy

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Your photos are wonderful Sarah! You have learned so much more than I have with my new Canon! I just point and shoot :-) Guess I need to check out Ree's blog and start trying to learn more about my camera!

Bella Sinclair said...

Oh my goodness, Sarah, these are incredible shots! The macro ones -- W.O.W. And your water droplet most definitely caught MY eye. You stretch in the most beautiful ways.

xoxo

umbrellalady said...

Sarah - Your pictures make my mind drool because they are such wonderful eye-candy. Keep clicking that shutter - you are so talented!