Monday, February 2, 2009
I Was Given an Award!!
I have been given my first blog award!!! From Gail @ http://artbygail.blogspot.com/ I adore her art - her horses and ravens are amazing! She is more importantly (to me), someone I look to for good advise & consider a treasured friend!!! She has a soft and gentle spirit that is a constant example to all those who know her. Thank you hon - I'm honored!!! So I need to offer up seven things that I love. Sarah
1. My husband Jim, my children & my sisters. My dear friends here and online. I have met soooo many wonderful folks online!!!
2. Music – I adore a good sweeping soundtrack. I think we should all have a soundtrack to our lives!!! James Horner’s soundtracks seem to strir me deeply (Braveheart, Man without a Face)!! Listening stirs my imagination!! I love anything I can harmonize with. I enjoy most anything that isn’t rap.
3. Fall…Autumn.. Halloween!!! My very favorite time of the year!! I adore the color, the snap in the air, sweaters, school starting, harvest- I love it all!! I’m a Halloween artist & adore the holiday!! We celebrate big in our family!!
4. I love to walk and dance. Walking is my meditation, when I’m stressed or bent walking will bring me back to center. I would rather walk than any other kind of exercise. Although we don’t have a car, the walking is not a burden – I love it! I recently took up belly dancing… I trained as a dancer for 14 years – when I was younger. I had forgotten how very much I loved to dance. I love the belly dancing – Jim doesn’t mind so much either – lol!
5. I love that feeling you get when you reach a point in a piece you are working on, that you know it’s going to honor the vision you had in your head!! Or when a piece you have created gives someone else joy!! I also love looking at what others create – wips are wonderful – to see how others process works!!!
6. I love words, word puzzles, word play, Latin and Greek roots, “Free Rice.com” wonderful word game that donates rice for all the ones you get right. I adore Shakespeare. I know...I am a geek- lol. I’m ok with that!!
7. Nature – the mountains and the ocean, well water of any kind. The changes of the seasons, watching wild animals and birds, plants growing. Wild crafting and identifying wild plants is a joy to me. I adore the ocean – it calls to me often and loudly. We are a ways from the sea – but have a huge lake only blocks away – it works for me.
So I would like to pass along the joy... here are a few of my favorite art blogs - so many to choose from....
Karmen @ http://moonwillowstudio.blogspot.com/ - I adore her art and consider her a friend and mentor!! She is a joy & a blessing to me!!
Renee @ http://circlingmyhead.blogspot.com/ - Although she is not an artist in the painting sense - she is a writer that can paint emotion in amazing ways! I adore her and wait daily to see what she will post next!
http://backattheranchjewelry.blogspot.com/ I love her Southwest jewelry - am a cowgirl art heart.
Karen @http://moonlightandhares.blogspot.com/ I have just found her - but her art and illustrations are amazing - a joy to the eye!
Sherry and Ron @ http://byrumart.blogspot.com/ . I am blessed to know Sherry! She is beyond dear to me!! She has encouraged me and kept me spirits up!!
Josie @ http://skeletoninmycloset-itsdarkinhere.blogspot.com/! Her work always amazes!! She tickles me with her creations - check out her latest kit - giggle!!
Heather @ http://witchhollowprimitives.blogspot.com/ Another friend who has encouraged me in my artsy walk! She is sweet and always there when you need her!! I adore her & her Halloween art!