Monday, July 15, 2013

A New Job...Whoot!

Its funny how thing happen. I have been applying for jobs all over the area for a couple months now.. just waiting. Sometimes you get a message back..sometimes nothing. But in general it has been my experience that the online applications make getting a job even more difficult.
 
I am old fashioned I guess. I think seeing someone in person is a good way to get a good idea about them as potential employee. Being older and female..the whole online thing does not work in my favor. Soooooo.....
 
When I got a call from my darling daughter Kate..who works downtown at the Iron Horse Bar and Grill..saying..we need a hostess now..want the job? Uhmmm.. YES please!
 
So I started out part time. Now years ago a hostess just seated folks and took money. Well..this is a bit different much to my delight! I have some other things to do also and I really enjoy it! So two weeks in they have offered me full time hours. Whoot happy dance.
Ok gentle happy dance cause what I need is one of these! Yes please. Sore tootsies! So...a bit of a regroup in summer plans..but to be completely honest..I am THRILLED to be working. I like the folks and well..shhhh but it is kinda fun to be out of the house a bit!
But today and tomorrow I am off and I think we need to go jump in the lake!
Happy Monday all!
 
 

7 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Congrats on the new job, I know that you'll be the Hostess with the Mostest!

Jeanne said...

Congratulations!!! A job is always a good thing. Especially one you like. :0)

Joanna Jenkins said...

Congratulations Sarah! I am thrilled for you, just thrilled.

Enjoy the jump in the lake and RELAX!

xoxo jj

sassypackrat said...

Congrats!

Tammie Lee said...

i am so very happy for you!
love the pretty feet soak photo.
xo

Donna B. said...

Congratulations and I totally agree with you. Being a senior myself, despite being techie on the computer, I prefer the old fashion way too. I want to see the prospective place I would go to work, talk to staff, and see and talk with a potential boss.

Since I am retired, I don't want any drama on the job...I want a place where I can contribute, enjoy, make a little money, (would be great if I could use my creative and organizational skills) and look forward to going there.

Very happy for you. I find myself yearning for a PT job to have some extra $$ in my purse.

I really enjoyed your post.

Laura said...

So happy for you… I hope this message finds you contented with this big change in your life!

Please consider yourself officially invited to participate this year's 5th Annual Gratitude (word) Quilt. Instructions (it is very simple) and a link that explains the origin of the word quilt can be found at the top of my blog. In past years there have been participants from every continent except Antarctica.It wouldn't be the same without you:-)