Friday, April 22, 2011

Friday My Town Shoot Out..Happy Earth Day


Happy Earth Day all!! This weeks subject over at FMTSO is..., Leaves, Branches, Dirt, Planting for Earth Day. Here in N. Idaho..we still have snow on the ground..it is still not above freezing most nights..and Spring is really slow in coming this year!

Last year on this day..the maple trees were popping..it looked like this! This year...not so much..just bitsy buds so far! This is the way it goes up here..always a surprise!I kinda like that!

Of course the moss is always stunning here..cause we live in the loamy Pacific Northwest. Deep beautiful woods here! Think "X Files"..or "Northern Exposure"..ackk am dating myself..ok "Twilight" works too LOL!

All the buds here are just waiting ..ready to pop.

Ok..so I love moss..I really do!

A little later this Spring..we will see some of this though..beautiful!

Is it me..or can't you just imagine a fairy peeking at you..I love this stump. Or...is it my Muse working overtime?? Hmmmmm....

Happy Earth Day all..and Namaste, Sarah

16 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

There's nothing like the soft lushness of moss! Spring is slow in arriving here too but hopefully all our snow will be gone by the end of this weekend. We're supposed to get double digit temperatures, woo hoo!

Theresa MacNaughton said...

Beautiful photos! What a lovely happy to help celebrate Earth Day! Theresa

sassypackrat said...

A lovely reminder that Spring IS coming!

Jeanne said...

So many lovely photos. I would just like to crawl into some of them and bask in Nature! Thank you for sharing!
Happy Earth Day!! ♥

Melinda said...

I think spring is taking its time arriving everywhere this year! I love moss also, it's so soft and lovely. What gorgeous photos, Happy Earth Day! :)

Bagman and Butler said...

Buds, moss, streams... who could ask for more!

MadSnapper said...

I love those golden leaves.

Kerry said...

What a chilly spring it has been for us in the NW; we don't have snow here in the valley but it has been cold and wet. The moss and lichen is spectacular, and I love the fairy-like stumps too! Your first photo of the little sprout is so special and hopeful-looking.Love it, Sara. Hope you and the fam are all feeling better.

Kim, USA said...

So nice to see budding plants. Great shots!

Trees

Pauline said...

Oh Sarah, all your photos are so beautiful. The promise of spring is there in that bud, I hope it arrives for you soon. If I were a fairy (that's a big if) I'd choose that stump for my home.

Jama said...

Beautiful photos! Looks like spring is finally there.

Strawberry Girl said...

I think there's a fairy in there... ;)

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

Hurry, your first photo shows spring. You have a keen eYe. I probably would have trampled on it and killed a tree.

EG CameraGirl said...

Your photos are wonderful!

Spring is way behind in arriving in so many northern places this year. I must admit though that I prefer a cool spring to a hot one.

Unknown said...

same here, Spring is slow in getting here for good. love all your wonderful shots.

umbrellalady said...

Such beautiful pictures, Sarah!