I am happy dancin'..I am a bit over the moon excited...SQUEEEAAAL! Why you ask? A set designer from Warner Brothers Studios in Los Angeles purchased three pieces of artwork last week. This afternoon I signed the release so they could use them in a pilot they are producing for CBS! I could not be more excited!! I hope maybe for a glimpse of them on the set..but am more excited about the fact that someone found my work on Etsy and wanted to use it for set decor!! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..I am happy dancin'...huge happy dances!! Ok..I am breathing..I think! I just wanted to share this with all of you..whom I love! Huge hugs and Happy Friday all!
Thursday, March 22, 2012
My name is Sarah, I have a Pinterest addiction. So I thought I would pass along this wickedly addicting site to all of you. Cause I love you and it is fun! It is also a bit confusing to get started. But once you get the basics you are good to go! So I thought I would do a little tutorial for ya!
If ya don't know about Pinterest here is basically what it is all about. Imagine you have a wall full of bulletin boards and on each one is a different subject of interest..say recipes on one, art projects on another, maybe ideas for your house on another, or garden plans..you get the idea. Now imagine this all on one page online..where you "Pin" your "Interests" Pinterest. You take pictures from around the net and add them to you boards..they come along with their links (say a DIY project on a blog). So when you are ready to make that recipe or do that project..you have the pictures and the links right there! AND...as you wander around Pinterest..you can "repin" other peoples fun stuff to your board.
As an artist or crafter etc..you can also (now and again - not spammingly) add your own work so folks can see what you do too!!
Of course the first thing you have to do is head on over to Pinterest and request an invite.
Ok..here we go... to make the pics bigger please click on them:)
1. Once you get an account and click on your name in the right hand corner it will bring up your boards. Here is mine..but yours will be blank..so lets get pinning and fill it up a bit!
2. So open another tab and log into your page..and click on my Pinterest link above and find my first board "About Me". Click on the board where my finger is and it will open up all the pics there.
3. For the sake of ease we will use my boards..and my Sweet William pic. scroll the cursor up to the right hand corner and you will see ~ repin ~ edit~~~comment(4. you can click on this to add a comment) pop up. Right now though please click on repin!
5. A box will pop open that shows Williams pic and on the right will have a Board Name and below that a description box..the first time yours will be blank.
6. In this same pop open box we will see "Create New Board" In that space you will type in the name of your first Board. You can name it whatever you would like..Cute, Cats, anything.
7. When you have several boards you will scroll down your list and click on the board you would like each pin to go in.. CLICK Pin It and
8. It goes back to your main page and voila...your first board!!
Ok lets be brave and go add a pin from the main part of Pinterest.
9. Click on the Pinterest at the top of the page! It will take you to all the pins other folks are adding.
10. Put your cursor over "Everyone"and a box will pop down with subjects to view! Click on any one you find interesting and then scroll down until you find something you want to add (don't worry you can add as many pins to your boards as you please).
11. Once you find something you like we will do the steps starting with #3 and repin this picture.
12. Create a new board if you need too.. ( see below #13-#15).
Then repeat the process. Repeat..repeat...repeat...Warning you may need an intervention at some point..or to eat..or pee..to make sure your family are not starving...just sayin'.
1. To see your boards as you create them...click on your name at the top right!
2. Up will pop your boards so you can see them in all their wonderful glory. It will also tell you about who is following you, how many boards you have etc. etc. Just a note here..you don't have to follow all of a person's boards..you may only be interested in their gardening one..you may not want to see their fashion ones..so go see them and click follow on individual boards or follow all! Head up here..there is mature content here..so take care which subjects you visit with young ones around. Although "People" is way fun..stars and all..it also has a great deal of nudity...so take care.
Ok so lets say you are on Etsy and you see something you love and you want to add it to you boards! Cause you love it. Again for the sake of the tutorial..I will use my Etsy shop as an example. I hope you love my work..but we will use my Kit Tink's bookmark as our pin.
1. Open a new tab and head on over to my shop ..click here!
2. Scroll down until you find the book mark with the pic of the fluffy Maine Coon cat. and click on the picture!
3. So here is the listing for the bookmark and the picture! Go to the top of the page and copy (Rclick)the link. Now go back to your Pinterst tab page.
4. In the right corner you will see Add..this will open up a box..
5. Click Add a pin (you can upload a pin from your computer also).
6. Paste the link you copied from my shop in the bar.
7. Click Find Image.. and another box will open..
8. This is just like the box you saw when you added a pin from Pinterest.
12. WHOOOT..you are off and running with your very own Pinterest Boards. Congratulations!!
So very thrilled to have you all join my addiction..I have chocolate and cupcakes too...if you have questions feel free to ask here or email me (top left of the blog:).
Happy Pinning all, Sarah
Wednesday, March 7, 2012
When you take your kids to the beach on a cloudy cold day..and that beach is full of pretty rocks...and you better make sure that they have big pockets in their coats..cause they are pebble puppies!
When they grow up and become rock hounds they collect pretty little treats like this! This is a piece that my husband collected. You can see it in his new Etsy shop..if you are a rock hound he has beautiful pieces!
Here is that topiary I was working on..I kinda like this one..what do you think?
Happy Wednesday all, Sarah
Sunday, March 4, 2012
A Sneaky peek at a new piece... it makes me smile!
Had some fun with this one..a steampunked fairy. She is available in B&W, Sepia, green and purple. I have made prints and colored them in!
The kids and I had a bit of science and math fun this week..sun/moon lights and homemade playdoh. I love home schooling!!
Who forgot to tell me about this???? Peeps in hot cocoa??? LOVEEEEEE! I know seems a bit cold hearted..but so tasty..and cute. Hope you are having a good weekend all!
Huge hugs, Sarah